Wednesday, October 8, 2008

the real world?

Do you ever feel like you're wasting your life?


Gosh, who doesn't ever feel like that, I wonder.


Sometimes I just wish I could start life. Like I'm here at college just pretending to be living my life, but I feel like I could be doing so much more if I could just jump out into that "real world" finally.


You know...that "real world" that everyone says exists? I haven't seen too much of it. I got a glance of it in Cambodia this summer. I guess that's why I loved it so much there - it was my first glimpse of what's actually going on in the world. Yeah I've read stories and learned things in class. I've taken notes, given speeches, prayed for issues...all for things I'd never seen or experienced.


I don't think hearing is enough. But sometimes that's all we do, isn't it? We hear it, we feel sorry, maybe even give a dollar or so to a charity, and then move on with our lives.


That is, what we think our lives are.


But I'm sick of the life I'm living. I want to make a difference. Not just a small one like a dollar's worth of difference. I want to change lives. I want to be a part of changing nations. I want to be involved in changing the world.


But those are huge ambitions for a small little college student like me. Who am I to make changes like that?


I guess I'll have to do my best to keep trusting God and to be content with where I am.


It's all your's, God. Do what you will with this small life.

No comments: