Monday, June 29, 2009

My Pop Pop

So I'm sitting here on my couch eating rainbow chip frosting (I know, I know...SO bad for me) and sort of watching the TV, but mostly just thinking...and trying to figure out why i feel like every bug in existance is eating me alive (oh I just killed one!)

I wish I could say I've learned some profound lesson in the past few days, even in the past few weeks, but that would be exaggerating. At least, that's what it feels like. It's been so busy around here, with my Pop Pop in and out of the hospital and my Grandmom staying here, and me trying to pick up as many hours as possible at work. I think I just got so busy, so stressed, that I forgot to slow down and realize what God's been trying to say to me. Honestly, I still don't know even as I look back at the past few weeks. But I know He's been present.

I think the biggest way I've seen God work is in Pop Pop. God's saved him so many times recently. Pop Pop's so tired of fighting and I know he just doesn't have the energy to keep this up, but I've seen so much strength in him lately that I know isn't his own. I mean the man's in the hospital for congestive heart failure and he's joking with the nurses. But that's one of the qualities I always admired about Pop Pop was his strength. It seemed he always knew the right thing to say and the right attitude to have...I could feel like the world was falling apart and I knew his was too, but he never let it show.

God's been working on him his whole life...I know that much. I think he's finally come to realize that, too. I think he's finally recoginized God as his Lord and Savior and I can't even express how happy that makes me! His time is coming quickly to an end but I know he's had an amazing life.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i LOVE rainbow chip frosting....with a spoon:)

God has his hand on all of us..and it's so amazing when He opens our eyes to let us see it sometimes...