Saturday, July 4, 2009

Phillies, Fireworks, Freedom, and Family


Happy 4th of July everyone! Well...it's kinda ending, but I hope you had a good one! I think this was one of the most memorable for me. Last minute my parents and I got to go the Phillies-Mets game (which the Phils won, by the way!) and then went to my aunt and uncle's house for food and fireworks. I got to see my cousin's little boy watch fireworks for the first time in his life and see my uncle drunk for the first time in my life.


But throughout the day I was reminded of how extremely blessed I am to be living in this free country. Last year I was in Cambodia during this holiday and as I look back I can only think of the differences in the two countries. Both have amazing things as well as terrible things, just like every country. I won't bore you with pros and cons, but I will say that I am truely blessed just to be able to have a barbeque with my family on a holiday during which we celebrate the freedom of our country.


So that being said, be thankful for what God has given you. And happy freedom day :)

No comments: