Tuesday, July 14, 2009

happy(?) birthday to me

Today (well, technically yesterday) I turned 20. I am officially no longer a teenager and that feels so good! It was quite a day, though...full of plenty of ups and downs. I got to the shore for the first time all summer so that was definitely an up. And Matt was with me so that made it even better! Plus he got me a great gift so that was nice too :) I got a little sunburned at the shore, but it was worth it!

But tonight took a bit of a turn...Pop Pop's back in the hospital. My grandmom called to say he was sick and then they ended up taking him to the hospital. We still had cake and everything and don't get me wrong I had so much fun, but I couldn't help but worry about Pop Pop. I don't know how much longer he has and it scares me. I know God will take him at the right time, but I've been begging God for just a little longer. Pop Pop has always been one of the most influential people in my life. He taught me so much, told me so many stories...and he was unconditionally proud of me. I love him more than he probably knows and it kills me to see him like this. But I can't let him go yet...I'm just not ready. I don't know if I ever will be.

So I just ask that you pray for him. I don't even know what's wrong exactly, but pray for him hard if you think about it.

No comments: