Saturday, June 20, 2009

updates and such

So I know I said I'd update about my sister's audition, but I never got around to it. Basically we were in the rain for 14 miserable hours and she didn't make it :( But we're going to Orlando so she can try again so I'm not exactly that upset. Just pray she gets it this time because she really deserves it!

Something else that's been eating away at me though...yesterday (Friday) was 1 year since we landed in Cambodia. A year ago I was taking in the shock of poverty and the life of a citizen in a third world country. Now I'm sitting here in the comfort of my room writing about it. It's just ironic how things work out sometimes, I guess...I mean, I thought I'd be back there by now. I can't be though. God had different plans for me. I still haven't figured out exactly what good I'm doing here, but I know there's a reason God kept me back in Jersey for the summer.

I miss those girls though...probably too much sometimes. Sometimes it gets to the point where it physically hurts. I know God's taking care of them, though. I just wish I could be there to watch them and help them grow close to Him along the way. Maybe one day I'll see the results of the work He's done in their lives. I'll be back there someday...I can guarantee that.

And an update on my Pop Pop...he's doing much better. He's out of the hospital which is amazing. He even baked a cake for us today. I saw him today and he looked a lot better than I've seen him in a long time. But the doctor said his looks are deceiving, he looks a lot better than he actually is. So he still definitely needs prayer. He doesn't have much longer and it scares me to death, but I think he's accepted that fact and he might even be ready to go home. I just have to trust that God knows what He's doing with my Pop Pop.

I guess that's about it for now...happy father's day and all that. And really, take a chance to tell someone you're thankful for them, whether it's your dad for father's day or someone you know you won't have around much longer. They deserve to know.

No comments: