Saturday, June 13, 2009

on the road again

If I thought people would actually read the whole thing I feel like I could write a short novel about this weekend. But, I know the attention span of most people, and my own attention span, so I'll keep it short. I do have to share some of it though.

We'll start with Thursday. My mom took my Pop Pop to the doctor's for a check-up on his lungs (he has emphysema if you didn't know) and he ended up having to go to the hospital. His oxygen levels in his blood were way too low. The circulation was so bad they couldn't even put the IV in his vain because there was no blood in it. So that was scary. He's doing much better, but he's still in the hopsital and definitely needs a ton of prayer.

Then Friday night my sister and I left for Boston so she can audition for American Idol! We drove through the night and Saturday (today) has been the single longest day of my life. I've pulled all-nighters before, but not like this. We got to the stadium where the auditions are around 3:30 AM. Luckily there was no line and there was staff there already so she was able to register without even waiting in line. But then we had nothing to do. We tried sleeping in the car while waiting to check in at the hotel, but we couldn't do it anymore so we came early to the hotel. Super 8 - awful! I hate this place! First they place us in a smoking room and won't move us to the room we orginially reserved without paying extra. Then there was hair in the towels!! Gross! And we tried to get a couple hours of sleep in but we had very noisy neighbors that make this quite difficult.

Finally we left and we were able to go to Boston. We even went to this place called "Kick Ass Cupcakes" (excuse the language!) and got some amazing cupcakes! So it all ended up okay, but it's been a long day! Now, at 8:20 I'm lying in the hotel bed writing this after listening to Maggie practice for auditions in the morning. I'm looking forward to more than 2 hours of sleep tonight! But we have to get to the stadium between 2 and 5 in the morning so it's gonna be another long day ahead of us! I'll be sure to update you on how everything goes when I get home. But for now just pray she does well...she deserves this!

No comments: