Sunday, September 6, 2009

thanks Lauren!

Lauren Fisher made my night!

Or at least...she inspired a blog for me. I think it's safe to say she made my night though...she does that every so often :)

She told me she read one of my posts and thinks I should write a book. I always wanted to do that! Just the fact that she told me that really encouraged me. I always wanted to write one of those books that inspires people to go out and do something huge. Or even just inspires enough people to do something small so that those small things add up to something huge. I guess I just want to inspire people. The only problem is, I have no idea what I'd write about! But maybe one day I'll figure it all out.

That's my thought of the night...one day I'll figure it all out. Well, I guess it's a little presumptuous to think one day I'll figure it all out...maybe not everything. I mean, how many people figure literally everything out. But one day, I'll know more than I know now. Isn't that how life's supposed to be anyway? But my problem is that I think I should know it all now. I'm too impatient to wait 10, 20, even 50 years to know some things. Who am I to think I should know everything now? I need to slow down and just be a kid. Yeah, I've got responsibilities, but I have to stop worrying. I have to stop planning so extensively. I have to stop wondering why I haven't figured out what will happen five steps down the road and just focus on this moment.

So one day a topic for that book will hit me. And I'll write it. You'll see my name one day on the New York bestseller list...or at least on the cover of a book. And you'll say to yourself, I guess she finally figured it out after all. But for now I'll sit here, do some homework, go on facebook like a normal kid, drink my vanilla latte and eat my chocolate chip scone. Because right now I don't have to worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will worry about itself because every day has enough of it's own. (Matthew 6:34)

No comments: