Wednesday, August 26, 2009

moved to worship

A moment ago I was so overwhelmed with things to write about and yet now I'm sitting here on my bed trying to figure out what to say. I think the best idea right now, though, would be to write about what I've been learning - worship.

If you asked me a week ago "what is worship?" I would have promptly responded "it's a lifestyle centered around giving back to God what He's blessed you with" or something along those lines. It's not that I disagree with that now...I just feel like that definition is so...empty. Like there are so many aspects to worship and I can't even begin to describe them all. The theme on our hall this year at school is worship and they're planning on spending the year talking about what it is and what it looks like in our lives, so I'm sure plenty of blogs about worship will follow this one.

But I've had a song in my head since I left church this evening...which is strange because we didn't even sing it at church but here's the lyrics:

The more i seek you
the more i find you
The more i find you
the more I love you

I wanna sit at your feet
drink from the cup in your hand.
Lay back against you and breathe, hear your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand.
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming

I think that's my definition of worship right now. It might seem weird that my definition is constantly changing, but I think it's more that it's constantly growing. But tonight my definition of worship is this song. Worship is constantly seeking God and seeking His face. Wanting to know Him more, wanting to know Him more intimately than any human being. Worship is getting so close to God that you can sit with Him in awe of His power and yet see that He loves you enough to let you drink in His mercies and His grace...realizing that He's willing to share with you because you are His. And because of this realization you can't help but melt for Him. You are so deeply moved that you can't help but fall to your knees in awe of Him.

Maybe that doesn't make sense to anyone else right now, but I pray it does. My focus for this year is going to be seeking God and learning more and more about Him every day.

No comments: