Monday, August 10, 2009

in loving memory

It took me a couple days but I finally have words to express what's going on in my life. It's finally become a reality and I think I'm ready to let it out.


Saturday morning, around 10 AM, my Pop Pop went on to be with God. I'm more grateful than words can express that I can say that with confidence. It's hard that he's gone...even harder than I thought actually...but it helps to know that he is in heaven. I can just picture him up there with countless others singing praises to the Lord. I just wish I could be up there with him.


It was only about a month ago that Pop Pop accepted Christ as his savior. He was always so stubborn...like he thought he didn't need God, I guess. But a month ago my uncle prayed with him in his house and Pop Pop said he believed he sinned and needed to be saved. It's an answer to prayer really, the way his life was. He lived his life the way he wanted it and I think it's safe to say he did everything he ever wanted to do. But like I said, he was stubborn and felt that his life was his. But the last 3 years of his life his heart softened as he got more and more sick and finally his heart was ready for Christ. I know God planned out his life perfectly.


I miss Pop Pop so much...and I probably always will. He was one of my favorite people. He taught me so much about life and about people and about what's important. He taught me how to be strong. He always had such a great attitude about everything. And his stories...I could have sat and listened to him tell his stories for hours. He knew so many people and had so many experiences that shaped him into the man he was. And I know he helped shape me into the young woman I am today. I owe a lot of who I am to my Pop Pop. I'll love him forever.

2 comments:

I.Am.Spoken.Word. said...

I am mourning and also rejoicing with you and your family Katie. The sting of loss can be overwhelming, but I see that you have assurance that you'll see each other again One Day.
Love you much.

katie said...

thanks girl that means a lot...love you too