Monday, March 30, 2009

i am good enough :)

Do you ever feel like you're not accomplishing anything? Like you're not good enough or not important enough?

If you know me at all you know that my biggest desire is to make a difference in this world. But sometimes that seems like much too big a task for such a plain, unimportant girl like me. (Of course, I have a God bigger than that desire and He can do amazing things through me, but that's not where I'm going with this blog...) I look around and I see people accomplishing things. I see kids my age doing amazing things for the kingdom of God, usually because they had the right heart in the right place at the right time. And believe me I'm thrilled for them! But sometimes I wonder, God, what are you waiting for? How come my right place and right time hasn't come? I get impatient.

But like I've written about before, God has a time for everything and there is no mistake in His plan.

Today I was inducted into the Tau Sigma honors society, an honors society for transfer students. Sure, I was a little proud of myself for being able to get into something like this, but there was one girl. One girl that was in my English class last year. She was my competition in that class. My goal was constantly to do better than her, though I knew it was near impossible. She tested out of her first TWO years of college. This is her first year and she's a junior! And it's easy for her! And I kept thinking, she's someone who's going to accomplish something. She's smart enough to do what she wants.

But God reminded me of something. I went up to shake the hand of our Vice Chancellor and he said, "Over 300 students and 38 of you are honored tonight for your academic excellence." And at that moment, as I leaned down to sign the roster (dramatic isn't it?) God said to me, See? You are good enough! He let me take a moment to be proud of what I had accomplished. To realize that I was capable of achieving something at least a little above average. And at that moment, on Mat 30, 2009, I realized that I could accomplish something. God has amazing plans for my life and I can't wait to see what they are.

No comments: