Tuesday, March 31, 2009

don't worry, be happy :)

This blog was inspired by multiple people's facebook status's...I won't lie. But also by talking to people throughout the past week or so.

Worry.

It's something most of us deal with, especially us girls. All of us worry about grades, family, finances, big projects, work, everything. But I think we forget way too easily who's in control. I mean think about it, we are loved by the creator of the universe. I don't think we realize the impact of that. He LOVES us! That means He cares about us and what happens in our lives. But He's the creator and He controls the world! He knows everything that goes on and He works everything together for the good of those who love Him. That doesn't mean it will be easy. In fact, life often gets really hard. But it does mean that He's watching out for us. Look at this passage from Matthew 6:25-34

Therefore I tell you, do no worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important that food, and the body more important that clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry saying, "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousnessm and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


That passage gets me every time. But the part that really sticks out to me is the last verse (which is in bold). Tomorrow will worry about itself! I tend to plan ahead...like way ahead. I had spring break planned out day by day two months before break even started! But I don't need to worry about tomorrow. He's got it. He's got me. If God's taking care of the birds and the flowers, why on earth would He not take care of me? Why wouldn't He watch out for His own daughter?

Because that's what you are if you've accepted Christ. You are His son or daughter. You are His! He's not just gonna let you go. No, He's got you. He's in control.

So don't worry so much. Yes, it's good to plan and it's good to have hopes and expectations, but don't worry your life away. Enjoy it. Be happy with it. It's a gift from God for you to enjoy.

1 comment:

Addie Lefczik said...

This is a timeless scripture! I read it aloud while studying for a big exam tomorrow! I was just running out of steam and I remembered that God is good and He will take care of me! Its just a mater of my own stubbornness, ignorance and reluctancy at this point. I really have to work on laying down my life, no matter how much I try to micromanage and shift things.

Except for prayer: aside from knocking, seeking and asking, there's nothing I can do!

I love you and cant wait to see you this summer!

Addie