Wednesday, August 1, 2012

When He calls

Ever felt like God was asking you to do something, but you were so scared to do it you weren't sure how to react? Maybe you'd been praying for God to show you his power or his sovereignty. Or maybe you asked to be taken out of your comfort zone. And then he did just that and you thought "oh shoot".

Yup that's where I am right now. But then on my way home as my wonderful phone read Mark 1 to me tonight, I read (or rather, heard) the story of Jesus calling his disciples. Ever realize it says these fisherman left everything immediately to follow him? Immediately. Talk about convicting. When you think about it, we have so much more of an idea of who Jesus is than they did. We have books of history telling of his teachings and his amazing works. They had nothing but faith. And yet Jesus calls us to maybe leave one thing behind and we can't do it. We stop. We get stuck. All of the sudden we need to weigh the options and decide if this crazy thing he wants us to do is the responsible choice or the best one in the long run. As if he doesn't control the "long run". Meanwhile these guys just dropped everything with no questions asked and followed Jesus Christ. Yeah, oh shoot.

So where does that leave me? To be honest I still am scared to death. I'm still weighing the pros and cons. I'm trying to let go and let him do his thing while I follow his lead but it's so hard. So if your reading this, can you pray for? Pray that I can clearly hear God's voice and that he will provide a clear way for me to do what he is asking. And pray for courage!

I need to trust he's got it all under control.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey katie girl! God is so faithful to answer! Esther 4 is full of courage in the face of great fear and anxiety! Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the knowledge that something else is more important than that fear :) Praying for you!